Hot Topics in 2019: Employee Benefits and Employment Law
February 28, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am PSTPetaluma, CA
Join us for an informative seminar featuring Jen Chung, Vice President, Senior Compliance Officer at Woodruff Sawyer, who will be discussing recent changes to benefits compliance legislation, and John Hong, Partner at Littler Mendelson, as he discusses hot topics in employment law for 2019.
Employee Benefits in 2019
- Regulatory Landscape for Health Benefit Plans in 2019
- Updates on IRS ACA Penalty Letters
- Updates on the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Association Health Plans
- The Texas Court Decision: The End of the ACA?
- Summary of ACA Provisions That Still Apply
Hot Topics in Employment Law
- New Case Law in 2019
- Demise of the “de minimis” doctrine in off the clock cases
- IC misclassification
- New(ish) Legal Issues in 2019
- Workplace surveillance and recordings
- Salary history ban/pay equity issues
- Paid Sick/Family Leave
- New Employment Laws in 2019
- SB 826 (women and boards of directors)
- SB 1343 (harassment training)
- AB 3109/SB 820/SB 1300 (confidentiality clauses)
- AB 1976 (lactation accommodations)
This seminar is worth 2.5 Business HRCI Credits.