Effective corporate directors make continuing education a priority, and there are many ways for board members to fulfill their educational needs in a variety of formats.
Woodruff Sawyer’s annual Board Education Resource Guide is your roadmap to continuing education in 2022.
In 2020 and 2021, the pandemic caused many of the in-person events to go virtual, often at a reduced cost. In 2022, some events will be back in person; others will remain on-line.
The pandemic also demonstrated why timely continuing education is more important than ever. Events can unfold at lightning speed, and in some cases, directors will be confronted with issues they have never seen before.
In Woodruff Sawyer’s 2022 Board Education Resource Guide, we categorize continuing education events into five categories:
- Board level multi-day events that include annual blockbuster conferences like Stanford Directors’ College
- Committee level/subject matter events geared towards individual board committees and their members
- Short-shot events, which include no-cost or low-cost shorter events
- Online content like podcasts and webinars, which are usually free and keep directors up to date all year long
- Woodruff Sawyer’s customized programs that are free to our D&O insurance clients
From time to time, Woodruff Sawyer is able to offer discount codes to our friends and clients for certain events. Reach out to your account executive for more information.
Related Blog Posts
Walk through each step of coordinating your D&O risk management with your IPO and select the right amount to purchase, with this Guide.