Stanford Directors’ College is one of the most significant educational events for directors and officers each year, and is fast approaching. The event will be held on June 21 to June 23. I have a discount code to share with you at the end of this post, too.
Always relevant, the agenda tackles some of the key issues on the minds of Ds and Os right now, and sets the tone for conversations moving forward during the remainder of the year.
Woodruff Sawyer is a proud sponsor of this event (full disclosure: I’m also on the advisory board of the Stanford Rock Center for Corporate Governance, the host of this event). I’ll be there to lead the panel on discussing indemnification and D&O insurance.
This year’s confirmed keynote speakers at the Directors’ College include Ds and Os from companies such as Alibaba, General Motors, San Francisco Giants and Williams-Sonoma. SEC Commissioner Daniel Gallagher will also be speaking, as will former FBI director Robert Mueller.
In the more controversial category, we’ll be hearing from Bill Ackman, CEO of Pershing Square and one of the best-known activist investors out there.
Topics of conversation at the event will be numerous and timely. Here are just a few of the featured topics:
- Shareholder activism
- Director compensation
- Indemnification and D&O insurance
- Anti-corruption in the U.S. and abroad
- Cyber security and the board
If you are looking for background on some of those topics, you can read more about them here on the blog …
- Preparing for Shareholder Activism (Even for Successful Companies)
- Practical Advice for Shareholder Activism
- What the Latest Facebook Suit Could Mean for Director Pay
- Why “Safe” CEO Pay Formulas Lead to Generic Results
Indemnification and D&O insurance:
- Personal Indemnification Agreements Foot the Legal Bill for Directors Before D&O Insurance
- Protecting Ds and Os Against Post-Acquisition Claims: The D&O Tail Policy
- FCPA Trends: Individual Liability, Enforcement Actions and the SEC
- FCPA: What’s the Big Deal?
- FCPA, Instrumentality and the Supreme Court n Esquenazi
- Victory (or at Least, Relief) for Wyndham’s Board of Directors
- The Latest on Cyber Threats as a Board-Level Issue
Stanford Directors’ College is in its 21st year and is one event not to be missed in your annual continuing education agenda for 2015. As hard as the organizers work to bring in world-class speakers, the best thing about Directors’ College is the ability to be in conversation with your fellow public company board members.
One more thing: friends of Woodruff Sawyer and subscribers to this blog are welcome to use the following discount code for 10 percent off of the registration fee: WSC10.
To register, go to this page.
The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. This blog should not be taken as insurance or legal advice for your particular situation. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Email: email@example.com.