Priya is a recognized expert and frequent speaker and guest lecturer on D&O liability risk and its mitigation. In addition to consulting on D&O insurance, she counsels clients on corporate governance matters, including ways to reduce their exposure to shareholder lawsuits and regulatory investigations. Priya has an impressive list of publications, speaking engagements, and awards for her influence and expertise in the industry and is the author and editor of the D&O Notebook blog. She was interviewed recently on CNBC regarding the Sciabacucchi v. Salzberg appeal.
In addition to serving as a board member at Woodruff Sawyer, Priya is on the board of directors of Realty Income Corporation, The Monthly Dividend Company®, where she serves on the Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee, and is chair of the Compensation Committee. She also serves on the advisory board of the Stanford Rock Center for Corporate Governance.
Priya earned her undergraduate degree with high honors from Harvard University. She was awarded her juris doctorate with honors from the Law School at the University of Chicago.
- “Elite Women 2020,” Insurance Business America (2020)
- “Directors to Watch”, Directors and Boards (2018)
- “Agent of the Year,” Insurance Journal (2017)
- “Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business,” San Francisco Business Times (2012)
- “Top 100 Women of Influence in the Silicon Valley,” San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal (2009)
- “Women to Watch,” Business Insurance Magazine (2007)
Three derivative suits against Facebook, Oracle, and Qualcomm allege the companies’ statements about their commitment to end discrimination and support diversity and inclusion were false.
Direct listings have many advantages—but immunity to Section 11 suits turns out not one of them.